1 ½ packages of gluten free lasagna pasta, uncooked (about 1 lb.)
1 lb. ground beef
32 oz. can GF tomato chunks
12 oz. can GF tomato paste
1 T. Italian herb seasoning
1 lb. Mozzarella cheese, grated
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
24 oz. low-fat cottage cheese
4 T. parsley flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook ground beef; drain fat. Add tomatoes with juice, tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cottage cheese, beaten eggs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley; set aside.
- Spoon and spread 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 15x9x2 pan. Place a layer of lasagna pasta sauce in the dish, covering the entire surface. Cover the pasta with 1/2 of cheese filling mixture, spread across; add 6 oz. Mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of uncooked noodles and 1/2 of meat mixture. Repeat. Save 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese to top. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cook for 10 minutes before cutting and then serving.
* The first time I made this, I was confused about making lasagna and not boiling the noodles first, but it works with the GF lasagna noodles.