(This recipe makes dough for two casserole-dish pizzas.) The recipe comes from Gina, Gluten Free and is an adaptation from http://www.glutenfree.com/index.cfm/homemadebagels.html. Thank you, Gina, for sharing!
1 T. gluten-free yeast
1 t. salt
1 lightly beaten egg (large)
1 cup plus 1 T. water
1 t. cider vinegar or 1/4 teaspoon ascorbic acid
2 T. honey
2 T. vegetable oil
- Combine mix, yeast and salt.
- Heat water to lukewarm (110 degrees). Add vinegar, honey, oil, and egg. Beat the mixture well to prevent the egg from cooking. Add wet to dry ingredients; beat on low speed to combine. (The mixture will be thick.)
- Knead dough by hand or with dough hooks for 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- Divide the dough in half. Grease two glass casserole dishes. Place your hand inside a plastic baggie, and oil the bag. Put one dough ball into a dish. Using the greased or oiled bag-hand, spread the dough out evenly. Repeat with the second dish and dough ball.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 450 degrees. Allow to cool before serving.